The Oberlin Athletic Department would like to announce the schedules for the official start of the fall season on Monday, August 3rd. The first official day/time for each sport is as follows:
- High School Volleyball –Tryouts will take place on Monday, August 3rd, and Tuesday, August 4th @ Spirit Volleyball Club from 4:00 pm-6:00 pm. The bus is mandatory for all players. It will leave at 3:30 pm from the High School. Each player is required to wear a mask on the bus to and from practice.
- Middle School Volleyball- Wednesday, August 5th, 6:30 pm-8:00 pm @ Langston Middle School
- High School Football- Monday, August 3rd, 4:00 pm-8:00 pm @Oberlin High School
- Girls Soccer – Monday, August 3rd, 6:00 pm-7:30 pm @Langston Middle School
- Boys Soccer – Monday, August 3rd, 5:00 pm- 6:30 pm @Langston Middle School
- Cross Country – Monday, August 3rd, 9:00 am-11:00 am, All runners will meet Coach Hathaway at the pavilion behind the Oberlin McDonalds on Main Street in Oberlin.
All sports teams will be required to follow specific protocols due to the Covid-19 pandemic. These protocols are in place to create the safest possible environment for the athletes and coaches.
To be able to participate in any athletic-related activities, all athletes must:
- Wear a mask to and from all sport-related activities. This includes when entering and exiting all facilities.
- Bring their own personal water. The amount of water should be based on the type of workout along with whether or not the workout is taking place indoors or outdoors.
- Arrive wearing the proper workout attire. The athlete should make sure to dress sport-appropriate. An athlete’s gear/attire can have an impact on how he/she performs.
- Leave all valuables at home. Locker rooms will be available, but not during the first few days so all athletes must come properly dressed. We also recommend that athletes leave all valuables at home due to the fact that lockers will not be available at this time.
- Have an up-to-date physical by the start of the season on August 1, 2020. Physicals are not mandated for preseason activities, but they are required to come to the official start of the season.
Physical forms: https://oberlinathletics.org/2016-17-physical-form/
Emergency Form: https://oberlinathletics.org/emergency-medical-form/
We understand that we are dealing with a very unique situation so we are prepared to accommodate students that have concerns about participating at this time.
If you have any questions, please contact your coach.
OHS Football– Mike Akers (email@example.com)
HS Volleyball– Tony Tahan (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Boys Soccer– Dan Kulp (email@example.com)
Girls Soccer– Rebecca Lahetta (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cross Country- David Hathaway (email@example.com)
MS Football– Liam O’Donnell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
MS Volleyball– Latressa Allgood (email@example.com)